If you thought there was only one or two types of orgasms, you were clearly mistaken.
Even though the male orgasm is pretty straightforward, women can have up to eight different types.
Ann Summers collaborated with Jodie Slee, a sex and relationship therapist from Sensate Therapy, to uncover the eight types of orgasm.
She told Daily Star Online: “One orgasm isn’t superior to another, but there are certainly lots of fun and different ways to have them.
“Experimentation can play a really important part in making a sexual relationship more satisfying.”
“One orgasm isn’t superior to another”
Here are the eight different types of orgasm:
1. Clitoral orgasm: The surprising thing about the clitoris is that only a small part of it is visible (called the glans). The much larger part is intertwined in the whole vulva region and can be stimulated vaginally.
2. G-Spot orgasm: The mysterious spot is a collection of cells found on the front wall of the vagina and is linked with female ejaculation.
3. Blended orgasm: According to Jodie, most of us have a “tipping point” that takes us from arousal to orgasm, meaning we introduce another area to the mix – this could be nipple stimulation or anal stimulation.
4. Anal orgasm: The anal nerve moves through the same as the one that serves the clitoris. As a result the stimulation will be picked up by the pelvic nerve which leads to a powerful orgasm.
5. A-Spot orgasm: This is a collection of cells called the Anterior Fornix, located a few inches above the G-Spot, which requires a large penis (or dildo) to reach it. The cervix can block the A-spot, which can make it difficult to find.
6. Nipple orgasm: Sensations from the nipples travel to the same areas of the brain that comes from the vagina, clitoris and cervix. This means women can have orgasms from nipple stimulation alone.
7. Coregasm: This type of orgasm is believed to come from exercise, like pilates or activities that involve squeezing the thighs together. Jodie believe the friction from repeated movements in fitted gym wear can also play a part.
8. Fantasy orgasm: The idea here is you can climax without any physical stimulation, just letting your thoughts take you all the way to reach the big-O.
Jodie added: “Orgasms are wonderful, pleasurable experiences to be enjoyed, so it’s important not to be preoccupied by achieving a particular type of orgasm, as that can leave women feeling inadequate or under pressure. Focus on pleasure and sensations rather than achievement.
“Having said that blended orgasms are great for anyone who struggles to reach orgasm, would like more intensity in their orgasms, or potentially have multiple orgasms.”
- Sex tips
Source: Read Full Article