Keeping your balance no matter the weather
- Use a backpack or a cross-body bag when carrying something to free up your hands. If you need to carry groceries or heavy bags, take them one at a time.
- Wear winter assistive devices with built-in grippers over your shoes or boots. Or wear lace-up shoes that fit well and have deep-grooved, nonskid, rubber treads.
- Wipe your shoes and boots thoroughly on the floor mat when coming inside.
- Use a cane or walking poles when out in winter weather.
- Avoid texting when walking on snow or ice. It can be an accident waiting to happen.
- Get in and out of your vehicle slowly, holding onto the door and steering wheel while stepping on or off a slippery surface.
Getting back on your feet
Source: Read Full Article